Tennis is racket sport, played as a singles game or a doubles ! The fitness levels and agility required, is immense. If just your game could make you a star, there would have been ‘N’ Sharapovas and Roger Federers. But well, that’s not it ! You need proper sports attire as well as proper shoes. While the sports world is welcoming women athletes and sports players with an open arm, the demand for variety is also constantly increasing. Lets know To the female athletes, here’s a guide to shop for tennis shoes !
Guide to shop for Women tennis shoes
Tennis could either be played on hard court or clay court or even grass court. This is what makes the selection of the right type of women tennis shoes, so important. Women tennis shoes, has therefore become an entire new category now. The International Tennis Federation has set proper rules for the shoes to be worn for each tournament. Extreme wear and tear can happen while playing professional tennis. Hence the shoes for tennis are usually made in such a way that the soles are wide and flat. Such soles provide stability. They also provide a built up front structure to avoid excess wear.
While talking about the look, usually women tennis shoes are chosen such that they either match or contrast the attire. All the things, shoes, head-band, sweat bands and the dress are completely in sync. This portrays a fashion statement as well. Hence, the number of colours and styles of women tennis shoes, that sports brands produce these days, is huge.
Usually players prefer shoes which are light in weight, which gives them the agility. The swift movements across the court, for hitting back hands and forehands become easy. A lot of injuries have occurred as a result of wrong shoes.
- Grip in the shoes is extremely important. Also, the shape that one’s foot takes, has to be taken care of.
- Ankle and heel have to adjust well in one’s new shoes. If that doesn’t happen there’s a risk of injury.
- Flex points need to be checked for their alignment.
- Shoes should be replaced once the midsole begins wrinkling or cracking to prevent wear and tear of muscles due to worn out shoes.
- Alignment of the foot, lower body and the shoe should be a priority.
Some other important points are:
- Baseline players need shoes with lateral support.
- Serve and Volley players need a durable toecap and medial inside their shoes.
- Special hard court shoes are designed out of leather or vinyl to make them outsole.
- Soft or clay courts have traction kept in mind for every shoe designed.
Frequent stops and starts while moving around the court plays a role in the way shoes are designed. They have specifically designed patterns on their soles, depending on the type of surface one has to play on. Shoes for other sports have thicker and softer heels that decrease weight and cushioning to lessen the impact of jerks. Tennis shoes on the other hand, are built sturdier.
Hence, now, you are good to go and shop for women tennis shoes ! Get them from here.